Pre-conception and Prenatal Care
Starting prenatal care early can increase your chances of having a healthy baby. We encourage you to seek medical care prior to and throughout your pregnancy.*
Some healthy practices you can follow include:
- Taking folic acid supplements daily
- Limiting exposure to home and workplace toxins
- Avoiding certain over-the-counter and prescription medications
- Avoiding all illegal drugs
- Controlling chronic medical conditions
- Learning about genetic diseases
At the Birthing Suite, you can participate in programs for New and Expecting Moms that teach you what to expect throughout your pregnancy and guide you through exercises specifically for pregnancy. Classes are 1 on 1 with a Childbirth Educator. Please call 603-924-7191 x4174 for more information and to make an appointment for an upcoming class.
For more information on prenatal care, visit these web sites:
*Monadnock Community Hospital is a not-for-profit healthcare provider offering comprehensive healthcare services to the Monadnock Region. Financial Assistance information is available upon request.