Laura A. Gingras, CPA, CFRE
VP of Philanthropy and Community Relations
LeeAnn Clark Moore
Philanthropy and Community Relations Manager
Thanks to generous philanthropic support from donors like you, MCH is able to meet the ever changing needs of our community day after day. Our compassionate physicians and staff offer the highest quality services utilizing the most current technology and equipment. Because of you, MCH will be here when you, your loved ones, and your neighbors need us most and for that we are grateful.
Philanthropic support Goes a Long Way
Financial Assistance Program
Thanks to your gifts, our Patient Financial Assistance Program provides support to over 1,700 community members each year.
State of the Art Equipment
With your donations we are able to purchase new state-of-the-art equipment and technology.
Your support allows us to provide community benefits like The Bond Wellness Center and out Monadnock Healthy Teeth program.
Improving Patient Experiences
Your gifts help us to renovate our patient care areas to give our patients the best experience while receiving care at our hospital.
New Programs & Services
Your support helps us to develop new programs and services to meet the ever changing needs of our community.
Planned Giving Options
Your will or estate plan reflects your values and goals. Many people include charity as a part of their will or trust, believing that giving back to others makes our world a better place.
Planned Gifts range in size from $1,000 to $1,000,000 or more.
The Parmelee Society: Benefits of Including MCH in your Will or Estate Planning
- The Parmelee Society honors individuals who have included the hospital in their will or estate plan.
- As a member, you will join a hundred year tradition of supporting community health care , just like Mr. Robert Parmelee did in 1919 when he donated his summer home to the town of Peterborough, in memory of his late wife Alice, to become the first “The Peterboro Hospital”.
- Members receive a special invitation to our annual Parmelee Society reception with our hospital leaders and Trustees
- Parmelee Society members are recognized in our Annual Report and on our giving wall in the main lobby.
Making a bequest
- The most common way to include MCH would be by adding a few simple sentences in your Last Will and Testament. Simply ask your estate planning professional to add the following language to your will:
“I give to Monadnock Community Hospital, Peterborough, NH, ____percentage of my estate (or the sum of $____) for its general uses and purposes.”
Retirement Plan Assets
Name MCH as a beneficiary of your retirement plan:
Most retirement plan assets such as individual retirement accounts (IRAs) and 401(k)s are subject to taxation when passed to heirs. Retirement plan assets are a great option for charitable gifts. Up to 100% of your retirement plan assets can be transferred to MCH free of all taxes. To name MCH as the beneficiary, first consult with your adviser, then instruct the plan administrator of your decision and simply complete a change of beneficiary form
For more information about all estate planning options, gifts of stock, gifts of real estate, and other giving options please contact Laura Gingras or LeeAnn Moore.
Charitable Gift Annuities
The benefits of creating a Charitable Gift Annuity include:
- You will receive lifetime payments for you or a loved one
- You can take advantage of a charitable tax deduction
- Please contact Laura Gingras or LeeAnn Moore for more information
The benefits of making an outright or partial gift of real estate include:
- Secure a tax deduction based on the fair market value of the property
- There is no capital-gains tax liability on the transfer
Use your IRA Distribution to make a gift
Are you over 70 1/2 and taking a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from your IRA? DO you plan on making any charitable gifts this year?
If so, you can direct all or part of your RMD (up to $100,000) to MCH, thanks to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015.
Use stocks or mutual funds to make a gift
If you have investments that have appreciated in value, you may want to consider gifting such assets to maximize your charitable gift and tax benefit.
Gifting investments that have appreciated in value allows you to deduct the fair market value of those securities as a charitable gift and you could avoid capital gains tax that would have resulted if you sold the investment. By donating the appreciated investment, you will receive more benefit than selling it and making a cash gift.
Donating stocks and securities is easy to do and can make a huge impact on ensuring access to high quality healthcare close to home. To transfer gifts of appreciated securities to MCH, have your broker contact Gregg Alexander at RBC Wealth Management, at (603) 924-3306 or Gregg.Alexander@rbc.com and Laura Gingras at MCH, at (603) 924-4666 or Laura.Gingras@mchmail.org.
Use the following information:
Account #: 301-45529
DCT #: 235
FBO: Monadnock Community Hospital
MCH Tax ID: 02-0222157