As we begin the process of resuming non-emergency medical services like primary care, behavioral health, orthopedics, surgery, operating room services, radiology, lab, physical therapy, and occupational health, we wanted to take a moment to outline the steps we’re taking to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
While we’ve instituted some new guidelines in the wake of COVID-19, patient safety has always been our top priority, as evidenced by the consistently high scores we receive by state and national governing bodies.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Following are the enhanced safety measures we’ve established:
- Social distancing, mask-wearing, and hand washing protocols remain firmly in place.
- All persons entering MCH will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19.
- All MCH staff members will be screened daily for symptoms of COVID-19.
- All patients requiring admission, symptomatic or not, will be tested for COVID-19.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures are in effect in all areas of the Hospital.
- Our Laboratory and Radiology Departments prioritize scheduled patients, we may not be able to accommodate walk-in appointments.
“At MCH, the safety of our patients, staff and community will remain our highest priority and reopening will be a gradual and phased process.”
Cynthia K. McGuire, FACHE
President & CEO
Patients arriving for services or appointments have three options to enter the building:
- Medical Arts Building Entrance, adjacent to MCH’s Main Entrance
- Emergency Department Entrance
- Bond Wellness Center Entrance
Just as our employees are screened daily, patients and visitors are screened for fever and other symptoms of illness as they enter the building. You will have your temperature taken and one of our staff will ask you if you have had any symptoms, or have traveled outside of New England or been exposed to anyone with COVID-19.
Please practice social distancing by maintaining six feet of space between you and other people, whenever possible. Floor markers are in-place in our common areas as helpful reminders.
Face masks are required by everyone throughout the main hospital campus and our satellite practice locations. These are required to remain on at all times unless you are instructed by MCH personnel to remove them. This policy follows guidance by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the New Hampshire Department of Health & Human Services’ latest health alert recommendations. If patients arrive without a mask, they will be given one upon entry to wear for their entire visit.
LAB & RADIOLOGY APPOINTMENTS
We’ve streamlined our scheduling and registration process to reduce the amount of time patients spend in our waiting rooms, particularly in our ancillary services.
- Arriving for Radiology or Laboratory services? Please note: Our Laboratory and Radiology Departments prioritize scheduled patients, we may not be able to accommodate walk-in appointments.
- To schedule an appointment, call AIM Central Scheduling (603) 924-4621