Assistive Services and Devices for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Monadnock Community Hospital is committed to providing meaningful and equal access to medical services and programs by facilitating communication of essential information to all of our patients and/or companions in a language and manner they understand. Every effort will be made to provide an assistive service, aide, or device in a timely manner. These services will be provided on a 24-hour basis and will be provided free of charge.
For questions or concerns related to deaf and hard of hearing, you may call our Program Administrator, reachable at extension 1142. Nights, weekends and holidays, please contact the Emergency Department at extension 4147 or our Switchboard for assistance.
The following is a listing of devices and services offered to assist you during your stay:
- American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreter
- Regular or printable TTY telecommunication devices
- Amplified listening device (i.e., Pocket Talker)
- Closed captioning for television
- Telephone amplifier
- Alerting strobe light for incoming phone call
- Door knock alarm
- Dry erase board
- Pictogram book
- Writing/drawing back and forth